Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

I'm Worn

My goodness does this song capture where I've been for a long time, where I am at too often!

Worn by Tenth Avenue North  

I can totally understand the feeling of being tired just from the effort it takes to "keep on breathing."  Too tired to even lift my eyes to the Lord some days.  Crying out to know that redemption is going to win, that things will be okay, that God will mend my broken, frail heart.

My goodness, do I understand this song!  (I wish I didn't, but I do.)  

When I have a hard time praying, I listen to songs like these and let them be my prayers.  I may not always have the strength to fight, to make things better, or to be all I'm supposed to be.  But even if I don't have the strength to stand up and get back in the battle yet, I will keep on clinging to Him.  Sometimes that's all the very worn soul can do: to cling, to hold on tight and not let go.  And that's okay.  For now.  

When I am too weak and broken and worn, I simply hold onto Him and let Him be strong enough for both of us.



Also great:  
Strong Enough by Matthew West
Alive, Alive by City Harmonic
Still and Small by City Harmonic