Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

What's Your Dream Vacation?

If there was an extra week this year that you could use however you wanted (with all the resources you needed), how would you use it?  Where would you go?  What would be restful and recharging for you?

Or how about this question ... If you could decide what to do for your first year in heaven, what would you do?  (No need to get too technical about what heaven will really be like.  Just daydream about it.)




For me, for the first question, I have always wanted to be snowed-in by myself in a cabin for a week.  Or maybe spend a week in a cottage by the sea.  I daydream about being all by myself for a solid week, surrounded by books and cans of soup and cups of hot coffee.  Ahhh!  That sounds lovely!

And for the second question about the first year in heaven, I daydream that I will be in the middle of a huge acre-sized garden all by myself.  For a year, I will wake up every day and sit quietly with a cup of coffee, watching the sun rise.  And then I will spend the day taking care of the beautiful flowers and vegetables.  And it will be quiet ... only the sounds of the gentle breeze and the birds in the trees.  

So ... do I sound like an introvert who hates noise or what!?!  

Seriously, I have daydreams - deep wishes - of visiting that place you see in the movies sometimes ... that other-worldly place that a character sometimes wakes up in ... the one that is completely white.  Nothing at all in sight but the person they are talking with.  No walls, no floors, no ceiling, no nothing.  And no noise.  It's completely white and quiet and peaceful.

Yeah.  I daydream about that place sometimes.