Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Magical Moment ...


I had a magical moment just now, the kind that makes you pause and smile and think "How cool!"

I was headed out to clean up my severely-neglected garden when I stopped dead in my tracks.  A hawk had swooped down and landed on top of our garden swing, ten feet away from me.

He didn't seem bothered by me at all.  He just looked at me and I looked at him.  And we stood like that for about 60 seconds. 

I wondered if I should try to take a picture of him, but I didn't want to move and break the spell.  So I decided to just soak up the moment, to let it linger for as long as he was willing to linger.

 
Finally, though, I slowly tried to reach for my phone to see if I could sneak a picture.  But he looked off in the distance, ruffled his feathers, stuck out his tail ... and crapped on my swing. 

And then he flew away. 

A magical moment indeed!


I took this picture after he left.  Imagine that the orange Magikarp hat is the hawk (if you know Pokémon, you'll know what I'm talking about).  That's how close he was, just sitting there watching me.


And this is where he crapped on my swing ...

(Ahh, good times!)