Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June's Other Delights

 
Clematis flowers









 
 
  
Bishop's Weed flowers
 

 
 
Salvia

 
 
Zucchini starting to grow (or melon, can't remember which one)
 
 
 
 
Weigela?






 
 
 
 
Hydrangea blossoms starting to bloom
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
Butterfly Weed beginning to flower
 
 
 
 
 
 



 



 Baby wren that just flew the nest and landed in the Honeysuckle
 
 
 

 
 
 
The interesting Green-Purple of the Coral Bells (not sure which variety)
 
 
 
 
The first Sugar Snap Pea
 
 
 
 
Purple Coneflower buds starting to form
 
 
 
 
 The humble marigold 




 
 
 
Kale seeds starting to form
 
 
 
 
First Currants to turn red

 
 
 
 Juneberries turning purple
 
 
 
 
Alpine Strawberries 
 
 
 
  
Silky-soft Lamb's Ears, transplants from my mom's garden



 
 
 
 
Honeysuckle 
 
 
 
 
The last of the Bleeding Hearts 



 
 
 
 
My lavender-colored Bearded Iris (came with the house)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bishop's Weed after flowering
 
 
 
 
Green Bunching Onion Blossom up-close
 
 
 
 
Garden friends:










 
 
 
(I love these little green ones!)












And now there's two bats



This little guy was hopping through the alpine strawberries.  Here he is doing his best to look like a rock.  As soon as he saw me coming near him with the camera, he hunkered down in this "you can't see me 'cuz I'm hiding" pose.


I saw him!




Not a garden friend!  A bad, bad, cute garden enemy!  Strawberry Thief!


 
 
This one made me giggle.  The moment before I clicked the button to take this picture of the bee, an ant climbed out of the blossom.  This is the exact moment that the bee and ant noticed each other.  I could actually see the surprised reaction of the bee in his movements.  He flew away a split-second later as the ant ran off.