Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Obstinate People

All day long I have held out My hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations - a people who provoke Me to My very face ...

 
... as for you who forsake the Lord and forget My holy mountain ... I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen.  You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases Me.  (Isaiah 65:2-3, 11-12)
 
Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear Me?  (Isaiah 57:11)
 
 
 
Oh, that You [Lord] would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains would tremble before You!
 
As when fire sets twigs ablaze and causes water to boil, come down and make Your name known to your enemies and cause the nations to quake before You!
 
For when You did awesome things that we did not expect, You came down, and the mountains trembled before You.  (Isaiah 64:1-3)