Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

For Glass-Half-Empty People ...


If the glass looks half-empty,

pour it into a smaller glass and quit b**ching.



(This quote was shared by the speaker at a seminar ... and I LOVE it!  I need it.  I am such a "glass-half-empty" kind of person.  And while I wish I could give credit to the person who wrote it, there was no name attached to it.  So "thank you" to whoever it was that wrote this, reminding me that I don't have to keep using the same too-large glass, being discouraged that it's not full enough.  If the glass looks half-empty, maybe it's not because you don't have enough, but simply because your glass is too big.  Sometimes, the best way to deal with disappointments is to simply pour everything you've got into a smaller glass, shut up your complaining about what you don't have, and be content with and thankful for what you do have.  That's a lot better and more productive than sitting around complaining about the empty half of a too-big glass.)