Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Super-easy Yogurt Ranch Dressing (or Dip)

This won't be a polished post.  Just a quick draft.  Our computer is broken and so I am typing on a tablet.  But I wanted to get this recipe on my blog so I can reference it when I need it.  (I tend to misplace hand-written recipes that have been scribbled on bits of paper or napkins.)

This recipe is a work in progress ... My homemade Ranch Dressing using yogurt as a base.  

I do not like many store-bought dressings because they always contain soybean oil or canola oil or additives I don't like.  So I make my own when I can.  It's fresher and better for you.

This is so easy to mix up and it tastes great.  My 11-year-old loves it.  It can be used as a salad dressing or a veggie dip.

Simply mix the following ingredients at least an hour before you need it so that the flavors have a chance to blend (overnight in the fridge would be even better).  Always store it in the fridge since it is yogurt.  (I keep mine up to a week.)


3/4 cup plain yogurt

Scant 1\2 teaspoon garlic powder

1\2 teaspoon onion powder

1\4 teaspoon salt

1\4 teaspoon sugar

1\2 teaspoon dried parsley

Dash of ground black pepper


As I said, it's a work in progress.  I am still tweaking it.  You can always add more or less of the ingredients or include herbs or spices of your own liking.  If you like it thinner, try adding a touch of water or buttermilk or something like it.  After making your own dressing with healthy yogurt, it's hard to go back to the yucky store-bought stuff.