Pages

Monday, November 16, 2020

Christian Testimony: Isabella - "How I Found Jesus"

 Here is Isabella's 17-minute testimony: How I found Jesus.

I think many of us can relate to it - about the struggle of trying to relate to the Lord, of drawing near but then falling away.  She understands that a relationship with God takes time and effort.  It doesn't just happen.  You have to work at it.

And you can tell she has a heart to lead others to the Lord, to help them in their relationship with God.  She gives a short, sweet "sinner's prayer" at the end, for others to follow.  (Drink some coffee to keep up with her.  She's a fast talker.)    

[However, I do not agree with her that we can pray to the earth/universe.  That's the mark of a false religion.  But I understand what she's trying to say.  She's trying to say that we shouldn't let not knowing how to pray or what to pray stop us from praying, from calling out to God.  She's saying that God can meet you wherever you are, if you call out to Him.  We don't have to know what to say or how to say it or polish ourselves up first.  He meets us in our mess and confusion and brokenness.  We just have to call out to Him, reach for Him, and He'll find us, wherever we are!

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."  Psalm 34:18

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy... I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.  Then I called on the name of the Lord: 'O Lord, save me!'  The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me."  Psalm 116:1-6]

Thank you for sharing your story, Isabella!