Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Okay, One More ...

Dedicated to all my brothers and sisters in Christ, the faithful few, in these crazy, uncertain times:  

Eyes on the Prize  (from the movie Greencard)

Listen to the words.  Hear the message.  And hang in there.  It's gonna be okay.


Psalm 121:1-2: “I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”

Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Deuteronomy 31:8: “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Isaiah 26:3: “You will keep in perfect peace he whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”

Psalm 40:1-2, 31: “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.... But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Psalm 91:1-2, 5-7, 9-12:  "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' ... You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.... If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

Psalm 118:5-6, 8, 13-14:  "In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free.  The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me? ... It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.... I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

2 Kings 6:16: "Don't be afraid... Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

Psalm 107:13-14:  "Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains."

2 Chronicles 14:11: "'Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty.  Help us, O Lord, our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army.  O Lord, you are our God; do not let man prevail against You.'"  

Lamentations 3:22-26:  "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

Philippians 3:13: “… Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.  I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Romans 15:13: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

2 Timothy 4:18:  "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.  To him be glory for ever and ever.  Amen."

Psalm 23: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

(Pray these verses.  Memorize them.  You won't be sorry.)


And for when you need hope and encouragement in a world that's falling apart (some of the songs I go back to again and again to help me breathe a little easier):

Oh, What Love (City Harmonic)

Praise the Lord (City Harmonic)

Secret Ambition (Michael W. Smith)

When the world is shaking and nothing seems stable, set your eyes on Jesus.  Plant your feet on Him.  He is the only sure, stable foundation there is, the only thing that can hold you up when everything else is falling apart.

Psalm 9:9-10: "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who hope in your name will trust in you, for you, O Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you." 

Proverbs 30:5: "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."


(For more great, hope-filled songs, click here.  And for when you really just need to relax and de-stress, watch any video of Bob Ross painting.  This guy is awesome.  And so relaxing.)