Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Giggle Translate #5: Knuckle Enchiladas

Here is something that happened a couple nights ago.  I'm making it my "Giggle Translate #5."  I'm going to share the original paragraph, and one that got run through several random languages with Google Translate, and then I'm going to show what happens when you run the same paragraph through a string of languages one way and then when you do those same languages in reverse:


Original paragraph:
"Has this ever happened to anyone else?  I was hand-grating a block of mozzarella today for tonight's chicken enchilada dinner.  And in my zealousness to grate quickly and because of my bad angle, I cheese-grated some skin right off my knuckle.  Thankfully, the strip of skin was still hanging on my knuckle because I doubt we'd have noticed the blood mixed in the salsa or the skin flap mixed in the shredded chicken.  (But honestly, I don't know if I would have told my family about it if I couldn't find the skin.  I know that's bad, but I can't throw out a whole pan of dinner just for a tiny piece of knuckle.  You understand.  Right?)




Same paragraph after being run through a bunch of random languages:
"Did something else happen?  I made a piece of mozzarella for dinner with a chicken enchilada.  In addition to my urge to throw up quickly, and because of my poor eyesight, I loosened up a bit.  Fortunately, the strip of skin was still hanging from my piece because I doubt the blood from the sliced chicken would mix with the sauce or the skin flakes.  (Honestly, I don't know if I should tell my family if I can't find the skin. I know it's bad, but I can't put a little on my forehead. I don't understand?)

[Skin flakes ... yum!  And I guess it's good that I can't put the knuckle skin on my forehead.  Not even sure why I'd want to do that, but whatever.]  




After running it through another set of languages, I got this:
"Ja!  Does this happen to other people?  Today, you put the mozzarella dough on a plate with chicken enchilada by hand.  Cheese burst on my skin when I entered and because of the strong wind.  Fortunately, the knot is still stuck in my knot because I don't think mixing it with broth or chicken skin is a big problem.  (But honestly, I don't know if I can see the skin if I can't see it.  I know it's not good, but I can't use some food.  You know?)"

["Cheese burst on my skin when I entered and because of the strong wind" - I don't know if that's poetic or disgusting.  And "I don't know if I can see the skin if I can't see it" - sounds like something Socrates could contemplate for hours.  And I want to use "Ja!" as an exclamation from now on: "Ja!  I stubbed my toe! ... Ja!  I fell down the stairs! ... Ja!  I lost my glasses!]



And this is when I did the same set of languages but in reverse (I kid you not):
"Hi!  What hurts more?  I make chocolate mozzarella.  And since it was my fault and my hunger, I immediately cut the cheese.  The look is in the nails, more and more leg muscles. )"

[Wow.  Just ... wow!]