Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

The Call - Such a Beautiful Song!

I was dreaming about this song the other night.  In fact, in my dream, I was singing it over and over again.  (And, wow, was my dream-singing incredible!)

Anyway, this is such a beautiful song that I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I saw The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian a few weeks ago.  Her voice is amazing!  Enjoy!

The Call by Regina Spektor  (I'm not sure what the lyrics all mean, what the author meant.  I'd love to look up the meaning behind them someday.  But I think there's something in there for everyone, for all of our situations.  And those are some of the best kinds of songs.)

[Update 8/30/2026: Here's a different video version of The Call, with different movie clips.  This is like the original one I found years ago which has one scene in particular that I love.  It starts at 1:04 when the kids are walking up to their hideout, and the kingdom creatures line up and raise their swords along the path in honor of the kings and queens... and (at 1:10) the kids pause, look forward, and then begin walking down the path.  What I love in this scene - in their first step forward, with their heads raised and their eyes looking forward in confidence - is that we can see on their faces and in their steps that they know who they are, they understand it and embrace it: They are the kings and queens of Narnia, granted to them by Aslan, and they don't shy away from it, but they embrace their position, their authority, and they walk in it.  I love that.]