Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Best Perfume For Those Who Hate Perfume!

I have a super-sensitive sense of smell.  I can't stand candles.  I can't walk down the cleaning supply aisle.  And I am not a big fan of wearing perfume, simply because I know it's just a bunch of chemicals.  

But I do want to still smell decent when I am out and about.  And so I discovered what - for me - is the best "perfume" to use.

Vanilla Essential Oil 

I don't think it's technically an essential oil, but more like an essence of vanilla in jojoba oil.  But it is a natural product.  And so it doesn't have an overwhelming or chemical smell.  It's light and sweet.  I simply drop a couple drops of the prediluted oil onto my forearms and rub it in.  And if I am desperate for deodorant, I'll even rub a couple drops under my arms.  (Mine is from the NOW brand of essential oils.)

Every time I wear it, my kids ask "What smells like sugar cookies?" or "What smells like marshmallows?"

I will even lightly rub it into my hair so that my hair smells like vanilla.  (FYI, it's a very light scent that doesn't last long.  But I'd rather have a hint of vanilla for a little while than an overwhelming chemical smell for a long time.)

Another good idea is to use the prediluted flower essential oils.  Dilute a couple drops of a flower oil with a carrier oil, and rub on your body.  I particularly like the neroli, rose, and jasmine essential oils.  It's a very uncomplicated smell, just light, floral, and sweet.  Not too shabby!